Tuesday, September 12, 2006

That's the way it is...


Working in IT software house is different from my previous experience. In IT environment, it is rather mobile and dynamic. Unlike working in a manufacturing environment me explain a little further. In a manufacturing environment, your scope of work is pretty defined. The people that you work with are pretty much defined unless you have a turnover. The product that you work on is pretty much defined too. There might be variation on the product but you won't be expected to work with apple one day and durian the other.

I was attached to a project for the past two years. It was in an industry where it involves pretty girls, tight security, high flying and always considered as the gateway to a nation.

Today, I am involved in the industry where it focuses on export and import, enterprises development, grants and always considered as the pillar to continuous economy growth in a nation.

Yeap, my current project is pretty different from what I am used to. Although I am dealing with mostly makcik but it is surely dynamic. It is so dynamic that I find myself meeting different different makcik, talking different different issues, writing different different contents. I know this is just the tip of an iceberg. I should expect more different different things in the future.

It's time to adapt. Luckily I am used to change. I have gone through so many changes in life that this is just another hurdle I have to overcome. Only time will tell if I can succeed.

No comments: