Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Perseverance prevail


If you are patient enough, you will be rewarded. If you don't give up easily, you will be rewarded. If you are persistent enough, you will be rewarded. In many ways, God tries to test us. If you can pass His test, sure enough you WILL be rewarded. Unfortunately the reward can come either very soon or very slowly. It is all about persistent and endurance. Then again, it is really unfortunate that we are not living in a parallel universes (at least not that we are aware of). Sometimes after we have given up and decided to change the course of life, new hope arises. Who to say that persistent always triumph at the end?

Well, something told me not to doubt God's way today. About one month ago, I saw this famous CNN anchor being interviewed by Oprah. He was promoting his new book. Something struck me. I think I do take reporters for granted in some ways. When we watch the World news in CNN, we watch it as the audience. We try to absorb the news. We may be stunt when we saw how the airplane crashed into the South tower of the World Trade Center. We may also grief when we witness thousands of life being washed away by the tsunami in Phuket.

If we felt the grief, the frustration, the amazement, the pains when we watch the news on TV, imagine how these events affect the people that actually reporting them?

After the show, I decided to get a copy of the book. Look at these events from a reporter's perspective. It should be interesting I believe. I went to MPH, the Curve to search for it. The sale girl told me that there's only one copy left in the MPH chains, but it is at Midvalley branch. The weekend, I purposely went to the MPH Midvalley to get the book. Sorry to say but the one and only copy was no longer available too.

I was not happy. The worse part was the sale person told me they won't know how long before the new stocks would come. I would have to wait a little longer.

After one month and another 2 trips to MPH Midvalley, I was ready to give up. Waking up early just to go there to ask for the book is not really pleasant if the only answer you get starts with “sorry sir...”.

Today, I have to go to KLCC for a meeting. However, after the meeting was postponed and have a little time on hand, I decided to go to Kinokuniya for a quick check for the book. Guess what? Just as I walked into the bookstore, I can see the book immediately. Yeap, it is the book that I have been searching high and low. This is way too easy and I am happy.

The feeling of getting the book after such a long search is really fantastic. I am still not sure whether the search is worthwhile but I do hope I gain some insights about life after reading this book.

Perseverance and a little help from God do make life more meaningful I think…

2 comments:

exchien said...

Who's your god? Didnt see you worshiping your god also???

laserspit said...

Dear xchien... to me God is a symbolism. He represents nothing and everything. You don't have to worship Him but only BELIEVE.