Sunday, September 17, 2006

He is now 15 kg and 92 cm

I am not a very good father. Well, I am not really a father yet. Theoretically I should be. But I am not. About one and half years ago, me and my colleague who nowadays fly all over the world decided to do some charity and thus adopted a child each. It is a pretty noble thing to do I thought.

We went to the charity office to acquire more information on the “adopt a child” program and decided to go ahead with it straight away. I picked a child from Xin Jiang, China. The reason was simple, I would like to go there one day. We were given some pictures of the children that were available for adoption. It didn't took me long to choose my current child. I really wish to share his picture here but that would against my blogging principle.

I am not a good father because I have never written a letter and send him any gifts after one and a half year adopting him. I bought some stickers for him but never got the chance to send to him. The envelop containing the stickers is still with me until today.

I checked my mailbox today and got a letter from the charity. It is an annual progress report from the Charity on the development of the area where my adopted child is living. I am really happy to see that the progress is going well.

What makes me really ecstatic was when they sent me a recent photo of my adopted son. He definitely looks different from the only photo I have of him. Definitely taller, in fact he is 92cm and 15kg. Besides that he is also in good health. I am really happy. I promise my self to send the envelop with stickers to him by this month.

Happy living...

No comments: