Monday, August 21, 2006

Star Trek Anniversary


Wow... Star Trek will be 40 years old on the 8th of September. Imagine that, 40 years of journey, exploration to places where no man has gone before.

I am a Star Trek fan. I started watching Star Trek when I was in secondary school and it was known as Star Trek, the Next Generation. The main reason why I love the series was that it is thought provoking. Most of the series left me wonder. I wonder about meeting the new alien species and understanding their culture. I wonder how I could be "energized" from one location to another. I wonder about the high-tech machines and technology. But above all, I wonder about time travel. I think the "time" factor always keeps me intrigue with the show. The time paradox is something I really wish I could comprehend some day.

But one thing is strange. None of my friends are star trek fans. I have not been able to discuss any of the episodes with my friends. It is rather strange for me and rather sad as well.

6 comments:

exchien said...

Well, you can talk Star Trek to me. I know you are Star Trek fan but you never speak about Star Trek stuffs.

laserspit said...

You sure or not, I don't want to talk to a cow when discussing about star trek stuff can...

exchien said...

You started to love Star Trek during your secondary time - Star Trek, the Next Generation (). I had been watching Star Trek during the captaincy of Jame Kirk, elfman - Mr. Spock(My favourite character), Dr Mccoy and Zulu the Japanese guy. I even had a miniture model of starship U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701. Compare myself to you, you were late comer dude. If I'm the cow, you will be the rabbit frog. Haha...

Do you know Kirk and Spock were died once and they cameback to live?

laserspit said...

Wow... me impressed... me speechless... me wonder... me didn't got the chance to watch any of the original star trek. me never know kirk and spock were dead and came back to life. me supposed me was too young then. me only started watching star trek after the next generation. you watch star trek enterprise? me try to watch every weekend... what you think of the last episode where there were two enterprise starships?

exchien said...

LOL, if u are so called the star trek fan, have you watch all the star trek movies? What is your defination as a star trek fansi? By following the series/episodes? Tell you what Star Trek, and Star Trek Next Generation is the best. Deep Space 9 is sucks and Voyoger is boring (maybe the female captain character is not as good as compare to captain picard and kirt). I havent seen Enterprise, but I like the guy (what's his name? He starred in Quantum Leap). There are lotsa series outthere which have the similarity to star trek like - Star Gate, Sea Quest, Andormada, Baybilon 5...

laserspit said...

Dear exchien... I have to admit that I am not a hardcore fan, but I love Voyager can... I watched the series three times. Besides Star Trek, I like Star Gate... But nothing beat Star Trek can...