Sunday, August 27, 2006

5 more days to my brithday

Is the weekend. It is not any normal weekend as me and a few colleagues had planned a getaway. Get away from the hustle and bustle of the city life to a more tranquil and serene rural paradise.

However, we started off with the wrong foot when we all played until wee hours the day before the journey. With less than 3 hours of sleep, it was pretty difficult to keep yourself focus on the journey. After 3 hours of driving, we finally reached our paradise.

The weekend escapade started with caving and flying fox. The caving was ok. As usual, you can't enjoy much due to the darkness but the going high and going low made it fun. The highlight of the caving trip was the flying fox. Although it was not too challenging, I had a good time sliding down the rope. Maybe I am ready for the bungee jump?

Right after the caving, we went straight to nature spa. Well, that’s a nice name for a broken pipe. It felt really good after the "spa". Later in the afternoon, we went to the waterfalls. I managed to shoot some photos and being shot too.

At night, after heavy bbq and durian, we all proceed with the drinking session. I must say my five-ten skill is pretty bad. I kept pouring down the beer into my tummy. I seriously need to improve my five-ten skill if I were to keep myself sober every drinking session.

The next day, we went jungle trekking and then back to the waterfalls again. It was not long before we have to pack our stuff and headed home. I must say I like the outdoor very much. The two days getaway made wonders to me. I felt fresh and stress free.

I should plan for outdoor activities more often.



No comments: