Saturday, July 15, 2006

Queueing


While onboard a plane for my oversea business trip, I came across an interesting article. This article talks about how bad luck keeps falling into you. Particularly the most interesting staff was how he was always queue at the wrong line.

While I was reading it, I keep nodding my head. I can't agree more. In fact I just experienced it again this morning while waiting in line to get my movie ticket. There I was waiting at the cinema ticketing area. I tried to observe a little while before deciding on the line I should join in. After few minutes of scrutinizing the lines, I decided to join this particular line as it seemed to be moving quite reasonably and that the queue seemed to be the shortest. Happy with my decision I waited patiently in line. Just as I joined the queue, the unthinkable thing happened. The line stopped moving!!!! It stopped for at least 10 minutes (seemed eternity). Nothing was moving but the other two lines.

I was getting desperate inside. I was struggling whether I should jump to the other moving lines. As I was thinking, more and more people joined the other lines. Seeing no choice, I stayed put on my line, waited patiently. The decision seemed fatal when I saw people came and went off in front of my eyes.

This really sux can...

No comments: