Saturday, December 03, 2005

A peaceful nite

I anticipated a hectic day ahead despite today being a Saturday. I anticipated a hectic day ahead despite today being my off day and I am supposed to stay at home processing my Kunming photos.
I woke up early on the sofa. Great, it was only 9am and I was just in time to watch my weekend morning cartoon on the Disney channel and Cartoon Network. I would start by watching Totally Spice at 9am then continue with Kim Possible, Justice League and Tutenstein.
I planned to go to office after I've finished watching all my favourite cartoons. Well, you can always plan but it doesn't mean you can execute the plan right? I received a sms at 9.35am. I was not happy. From my experience, to receive unexpected sms this f**king morning usually means bad luck.
Sure enough, after reading the sms, I have to drag my cute ass from the comfortable sofa to the office. At the office, i saw myself battling a stormy weather. It is a civil war that will not stop for many many days to come I reckon. The storm abated at around 3.30pm and I excused myself from the office as I had to get ready myself for another battle field.
I rushed home and started to practice my guitar. I haven't touched it since my last lesson and I am pretty sure it would die rather ugly on the battle field if I don't start practicing.
Off to the battle field I went after an hour or so of practicing. Again, I had to battle the stormy weather all alone. I tried to play the guitar with the acted smile and confidence. This time around, I nailed it! Yes! The guitar captain seemed to be impressed with the work of this "young" ensign. So impressed was the guitar captain that he decided to promote the "young" ensign to next rank, a full ensign. I was happy. I was thrilled. I was excited. I had just pulled off one master illusion. Then I was puzzled. I still having problem changing from one chord to another. My strumming sounds like the chicken trying to sing in an opera. And for goodness sake, I can't even play the Happy Brithday tune without intermittent breaks. But I guess I must trust the guitar captain. The captain must have seen some latent talent in me, which I am not fully aware. Anyway, why argue with the captain when you can cheerish the moment.
Then, the truth came out. Before I leave, he managed to remind me, oh by the way, you do realize that by becoming a full ensign, there will be an increment in your monthly fee. At that brief moment, I could swear I feel the entire sky tumbling down on me. Sadly, this guitar captain had pull off a much better illusion that I did. Chao guitar captain...
Despite all that, I still managed to keep a smile on my face and bough a C315 classical guitar as a gift to myself for moving up the rank in such a short period of time.
I rushed back to the office to help my comrade in the civil war. It is one battle I determined to win. The dark side might be strong, but thou shall not underestiamte the force.
The war halted at 10pm. It has been a long day. I was beaten up down left right. The spirit is beat and the energy is low. I look forward to nothing but a peaceful night at home and hopefully in time to watch Startrek Enterprise.

5 comments:

exchien said...

Ask you to do your work, and described as a battle-field? Haha... really watch too much of cartoons...

One more thing... the moral of the story, dont feel proud yet when someone has promoted you... muahaha... :P

Anyway, keep up your good fight :P

exchien said...

laserspit,
sex is fun can
sex is cool can
sex is relaxing can
sex is exciting can
sex is for those who with youth heart too.

laserspit said...

thinsatgusing,
don't be so sordic can
don't be so grimy can
don't be so squalid can
don't be so grubby can
don't be so pervert can
the enjoyment of watching cartoon can be better than sex okieeeeee...

exchien said...

laserspit,
don't be so "pretending" can
don't be so "backward" can
don't be so "innocent"(i know u aint) can
don't be so "retarded" can
don't be so "un-pervert" can
and say YES to sex ok,
no sex no you

okieeeeee...

Cwyl said...

sorry ... this time round ... i agree with thinsatgusing loh!!!!!!

reeallllyyyyyy loh!!!! :P