Monday, December 12, 2005

worrying...

It was supposed to be a relaxing weekend. It was supposed to be a family gathering weekend. It was supposed to be a weekend where I walk down the memory lane again when I return to my hometown.

It has been almost one year since I last time stepped into the place where I grew up. I was looking forward to a weekend where I could unwind and chill out. Unfortunately, all these were not meant to be when I found out that my grandmother was hospitalized.

My grandmom is about 70+ years old. She has always been healthy. The news came to me as a shock and I was not quite sure how to handle it. After I reached home and the shop was closed, me and my mom went straight to the hospital to visit my grandmom. Her condition were said to be critical. Her blood pressure was 18 (forgot the unit), which was really bad and she could only breath with the assistant of the machines. And apparently, she has been repeatedly asking when my mom and I would be arriving after she was told that I would be coming to visit her.

This is not a good sign. This is bad. This is very worrying...

After I reached the hospital room, I could see her lying on the bed. I called her and she looked at me and gave me a smile. She sat up and trying to chat with me and my mom. I could see that she is breathing heavily. The oxygen mask she was wearing must be consistantly put on. After awhile, her heartbeats became stabilized and the blood pressure also went up gradually. I was happy and mom was really relieved. We were there the entire night to accompany her. Her condition stablized but not without unnerve moments. But everythig seems ok...

The next day was spent accompanying my grandma at the hospital too. My bro and da sao also came down from KL to visit her. And the whole morning, grandma has been asking about his arrival. Today, grandma looked much better than I first saw her. She could eat and drink. She could talk and laugh. She still depended heavily on the machines for breathing but she looked much more healthy.

For the last two days, I have been worrying. I worried about my grandma's health. But I was more worried about my mom. It takes no genius to see that mom was really
anxious and troubled with the whole thing.

My grandma will still be in the hospital for the next few weeks I reckon. I pray for her recovery and good health for many many years to come.

2 comments:

Cwyl said...

i know i don pray much nowadays but my prayers tonite will be for a fast recovery of ur grandma!

i hope god still listens to me!!! :) . meanwhile, don worry so much ya.

laserspit said...

cwyl, thanks! Hope God will answer our prayers...