Friday, December 30, 2005

The Da Vinci Code




Life can be mysterious. Life can be mystifying. Life can be incomprehensible.


I am always fascinated by the intriguing stories/facts/fictions/explanations to the puzzles and mysteries existed in the history of human being. I love reading about the ancient pyramids, the riddle of the sphinx, the Bermuda triangle, the Somerset Zodiac, the Easter island, and the Atlantis, just to name a few.

I am also always fascinated to know about the life of the people that have done great things in their life, which led to their placing in the history book. I love reading about people like Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein, Aristotle, Plato, Michael Angelo, Mozart, just to name a few.

After hearing much about the Number One New York Times Bestseller, I have decided to get my hand on the book. The book is entitled The Da Vinci Code, by Dan Brown. This is the perfect book for me to read. It talks about the mystery surrounding the Holy Grail, and how the masterpiece of Leonardo Da Vinci's works could have given clues to a secret that might change the history of Christianity. It is a "story" between the keepers of the Holy Grail against Opus Dei—the ‘keepers’ of the Catholic church.

I finished reading the book today. Frankly, I am a bit sad (but satisfying) to have finished reading the book. For the past few days, it has been the force for me to get home early every night and stayed awake until at least 1am (which is against my doctor's advice).

The most interesting part of the book is the claim made by the author, which was "all descriptions of artwork, architecture, documents and secret rituals in this novel are accurate". I find that fascinating. That was a very bold statement. It seems like the author is challenging the believes of Christianity. How many authors out there are bold enough to do that, you tell me?

No matter what, whether the book provides us with "accurate" or "false" information, Dan Brown has earned my respect. His knowledge in the field of Art and the work of Leonardo Da Vinci definitely impressed me.

I reckon, I will be searching information on Leonardo Da Vinci for the days to come... and I will never see the Mona Lisa the same way again...

P.S. The Da Vinci Code, the movie starring Tom Hanks and directed by Ron Howard will be coming to a cinema near you in Summer 2006... yee pee!!!!

No comments: