Thursday, December 29, 2005

Year 2005

When it comes to the end of the year, you can't help but reflecting on the things you did, the joy you experienced and the sadness you feel. But most importantly, the history you made.

Year 2005 was not at all dull and uneventful for me. It has many ups and downs.

I think I owe myself to write what I have endured over the past one year. It will be like a summary of my life in year 2005, just in case I decided to write my memoirs in the future (who knows, it might be the national number one bestseller).

Year 2005 is the year I saw the departure of my two beloved grandparents. Facing the death of your love ones was never easy, and will never be. The only good thing came out of it was that it helped me to realize how fragile our life could be. We should appreciate life and never take things for granted.

Year 2005 also saw me took up a hobby. I bought my D70 early of the year. It is hobby that has lingered in my head for quite some time. Photography is exciting. Photography is a way to express your emotions through the eyes. Photography is a way to release your frustration and tension. However, photography is expensive. I have spent quite a fortune in my camera, together with a new bag and accessories. Besides that, I have also attended a course in photography and managed to receive a certificate to brag about it. (bravo to me)

Year 2005 is the year I received my graduation scroll. I am officially a master holder. It took me 4 years to complete my studies. And I was damn proud when I received my scroll. I must admit it was really tough to juggle between work and studies. I find myself burning mid-night oil almost every night and the entire weekend just to complete the dissertation. Credits to a few individuals (which I will not name here) that have helped and provided me with necessary information to complete the dissertation. (Your help will never be forgotten)

Year 2005 saw me traveling to places I have not been to. I went to Myanmar in the beginning of the year, during Chinese New Year. The highlight of the trip was actually visiting the majestic land of Bagan. This land is filled with pagodas. I must admit, Bagan is one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. Besides the astonishing scenery, the friendly people of Myanmar also a complement to the joy of the trip. Besides Myanmar, I also got the chance to step foot into China. I went to Kunming in November with both my dad and mom. It was the first trip for me to China. The sceneries there were just breath taking. For the Christmas, I got the chance to go to Hong Kong. It was my third trip to Hong Kong. The last time trip was about 10 years ago when I took a transit flight on my way to the States. Hong Kong has changed a lot since my last visit. I am glad to have the opportunity to experience Christmas in the pearl of the orient. That place is really packed with people. Anywhere you go you see mountains of people. Hong Kong actually also provides great sceneries shots. The only different between Hong Kong and Kun Ming or Bagan, is that in Hong Kong, the scenery is made up of high-rise.

Year 2005, I have also taken up guitar lesson. This was my second attempt to learn guitar after I failed miserably on my first attempt. Besides that, I have also changed to a new 4WD vehicle. Work wise, it was really a tough year. It was the first full year I took up the role of team leader. Dealing with people seemed to be the toughest of all.

And of course, year 2005 is the year I decided to start blogging. I believe blogging is a way for me to record my life so that I could read back when I am in my golden years. I intend to continue with writing blog for many years to come.

No comments: