Monday, December 19, 2005

The circle of life

After spending most of her time dedicated to the family and raising 7 children, she passed away peacefully. The date was 16th of December. The time was 7.15am (Ironically, that was the alarm time I set every morning).

It didn't come as a sudden shock. My grandma's health has been deteriorating since I visited her a week before. She could no longer speak and her heartbeats had jumped from 110 to 150s. She breathed heavily. She was suffering.

I think life is cruel. Life is merciless. Life is pitiless. But if you think a little bit deeper. Life is actually very fair. It treats everything fairly without prejudice. It is us human who have been oblivious and taking it for granted.

We only appreciate health after falling ill.
We only appreciate food after experience hunger.
We only appreciate the sun after a long period of raining days.
We only appreciate life after death.

I think after what I have been through for the past one week, I am learning to appreciate life more. I must appreciate what have been given to me and cherish the moments. I must spend more time with my family and friends. I must go to the gym more regularly and keep my body healthy. I must travel to places I wish to go and see the world and experience life to the max.

2 comments:

K Fitt said...

my condolence to you

laserspit said...

kaki bangku, Thanx!