Sunday, January 15, 2006

Final Home




They play their own instruments. They write their own songs. They produce their own albums. They can sing they can entertain... they are the 5 people band from Taiwan... They are Asia number 1 band... Mayday!!!

As a fan, I waited eagerly for the concert. I know their songs by heart... I memorize their songs by heart... I sing their song in the shower by heart... I listen to their songs while driving by heart... I even dreamt of the concert man... how to be not excited you tell me.

Come Saturday and I was excited. I wore the one of the two red shirts that I ever owned. This particular one has been hanging in the closet and accumulating about half a centimeter of dusk. By the way, red is the theme of the concert. At 2pm I left to pick up my pig fren dog fren. At around 4pm we reached the stadium. WTF... we saw all small kids wearing red queuing at the stadium front gates... This is embarrassing can... This is very very embarrassing can... Although I regard myself as a bright and promising young adult, I did feel damn old when around those secondary school ah beng and ah lian can...

Anyway, after a quick bite, we found ourselves soaking wet from the pouring rain while lining up at the gate. Suddenly Mozart seems to be a better alternative than I had to endure. I imagine wearing formal entire with a tie and hand holding a cocktail drink chatting with my date (who look like the taiwan model, ehm!!!) while waiting at a sumptuous hall completes with a 15th century chandelier hanging down from the ceiling...

The concert started at 8.30pm... forget about embarrassing... forget about old age... forget about the soaked jeans and shoes... forget the fact that the band was only 5 inches tall from where I was standing... I find myself singing and shouting the entire time, song after song. The concert lasted for 3 hours...

I must say, I did nothing but enjoyed myself... the energy was high and the atmosphere was high. I did felt like a 20 years old again...

2 comments:

MJ said...

so early reached!

laserspit said...

Fan must support band...
Fan must buy original albums to support his band...
Fan must stand in the queue and kena wet whole body to support his band...
Fan must reach early to show support to his band laaaaaaa...