Sunday, October 30, 2005

y China

Going to China has been my "must do" list since I started working. I have been fortunate enough to be able to travel to many places since I was small. Somehow, China was not part of the itinerary. Although I have been to Hong Kong and Macau, but if you never been to the mainland, I don't think you can announce to the world that you have been to China.
As I was growing up, I always dreamt of travelling around the world. I would look at the world map and dream of visiting big metropolitans like New York, Tokyo, Sydney, Los Angelas, London, Paris, Chicago. I used to like the high rise. Tall buildings please my eyes, thrill my bones and send the adrenalin rushing my whole body.
By the time I reached my 21st birthday, I was fortunate enough to visit most of the big cities in the world. When I studied in the States, I took all the opportunities to travel. Spring break, summer break, winter break, thanks giving break, memorial day break and whatever school break that I have, I would drag my buddy to go explore new cities together. It could be a one day trip to the nearest city from our uni town or as long as one month trip to the entire south west of the States covering more than few thousands miles. It was always a greart feeling to be able to feel and see the hustle and bustle of a new city.
After so many years, people change and I changed. Megacities do not please my eyes, thrill my bones or send the adrenalin rushing my whole body. Nowadays, I long for small town, rural kampung or primitive countryside that offer great sceneries, great landscape and great portrait of children running around bare footed and having the most precious smile on their face. This change has helped me to relook at China. I have started to look at big land, China in a different context since then. I believe China will be able to please my eyes, thrill my bones and send the adrenalin rushing my whole body.
As such, when my dad asked my to go to accompany him and mom to go to China, I suggested the Spring City or better known as Kunming rather than the more familiar cities such as Beijing or Shanghai. Although Kunming is by no mean a small town, a rural kampung or primitive countryside of any standard, I am still pretty sure it's surroundings can offer great sceneries, great landscape and great portrait of children running around bare footed and having the most precious smile on their face.
I can't wait to go... I need this break badly... yes I am!

1 comment:

exchien said...

Correction Time:

1. Nowadays, I long for small town, rural kampung or primitive countryside that offer great sceneries, great landscape and great portrait of children running around bare footed and having the most precious smile on their face.

long or look???
You should wrote: I'll look for small town,...

Actually Malaysia also got alot of beautiful scenaries wat :P