Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Power of music

Music is a powerful thing. Besides being the universal language, it can be a very good stress reliever. When you and down and you are feeling all tense up, music help you to relax. Well, it actually depends on what kind of music you are listening to and that's pretty subjective.

Me and music go a long way. I first started playing the organ when I was 7 years old. Although my taste in music has since changed, music has been a great part of my life. Heck, I even did my final presentation for public speaking class on music during my college time. And I got an A for the class.

A song is as powerful as a photograph. Whenever I listen to a particular song, all the memories would come back to me. It is as though you are being sucked back in time.

Last Saturday, my pig fren dog fren and I went to K. That night, I did not select any of the Mayday songs (although I managed to sing one of their songs), which is out of ordinary for me. Instead, I picked some oldies. Songs that I have not listened to for some time.

Throughout the k session, I seemed to be flying back in time... back to my secondary school time, back to my university time, back to my early working time. When I was singing Y.M.C.A, I actually had a flash back of the time when I was maybe 5 or 6, making the YMCA moves in the small living room with my bro.

Time does fly...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my QUIZ is: what can u remember when u hear this song at office :>"rasa sayang eh rasa sayang sayang eh eh lihat nona jauh rasa sayang sayang eh"..hehee

laserspit said...

good one... actually it reminded me of my pre-primary school days... me and my tiny little friends singing that song, claping hands and trying to avoid being the one chosen to sing that pantun part... what about you?

Anonymous said...

hayyaaa yus & i sing this song masa kalaokeh session:D..kekeke :P (another song: lagu 3 kupang saku penuh padi..i selalu nyanyi kat office mah :P)

exchien said...

You old already la....

Only old ppl will always talk and dream about their pass. HAHA... old man!