Thursday, February 23, 2006

One Step At A Time


Motivational talk is good sometimes. We need inspiration, encouragement and some fire up from time to time.

I always believe in self control. I have only read a motivational book in my life, entitled "Who stole my cheese?", and that's about it. The reason I read was because I was bored and at that time my brother sort of made me read the book by saying how good it was.

I always believe that one should control their own destiny. I believe no one in the world knows me better than myself. I know my strengths and I know my weaknesses. And most importantly I know what I want to achieve in my life. I think when you know your goals in life, may it be short term or long term, that in itself could motivate one person to do well in life.

Having said that, human being human, we tend to get lost while trying to make ends meet in our daily life. When things do not happen as we planned, when things get too complicated and when things start going ugly, we might lose our concentration and the motivational mercury ball could hit rock bottom.

Today is one of those days. The big gun of the company was emphasizing of taking things one step at a time when we carrying out our duties. It is simple and yet it is powerful. We should all not visualize or anticipate the end results but rather taking things one step at a time.

So I will not envision myself playing Mayday songs for now. I will now concentrate on mastering the chords C, F, G, G7, Am, Dm, E7, Em.

So I will not envision myself with 6-packs rock hard abs. I will now concentrate on having one pack rock hard abs.

I am a changed man... I think... I hope...

No comments: