Monday, September 12, 2005

Expectations


Life should be fun! I should be able to do the things I like and never worry about the consequences. To most people, life begins with birth, then after the 11 years of attending school, you probably endure another 4 years of agonized university life. If you successfully completed your bachelor degree, you will be expected to get a decent job with reasonable pay. And if you are lucky enough to fall in love, you are expected to settle down and get married. After married, you will be expected to have your juniors. Then, if you are still alive, you are expected to retire, have lots of children or grand children around you. After 70 years of expectations, we fall sick and die.
Is this the circle of life? Can I enjoy the present without worrying about my future? Can I enjoy the moment without thinking about not meeting the expectations set by the society?
Screw the future, screw the expectations! I leave my destiny to God. I believe He has planned a path for me. What I do is the reflection of what God has intended for me to do.

1 comment:

exchien said...

Which God are you refering to?

The God of Gamble?
The God of fidelity?
The God of fortune?
The Monkey God?
The Black Faced God?

???