Sunday, March 19, 2006

A day of mixed fortunes

The day started on the right note. I woked up fairly early to have breakfast with my bro and my sis-in-law. My bro and I were excited as we were all geared up for the F1 race today. He, a x-Ferrari fan was wearing the F1 polo shirt while me a hardcore McLaren Fan, was wearing Kimi shirt and Kimi cap.

This year was our 7th straight year going to Sepang. It is like an annual event for both us, some sort of a brothers-bonding day.

We didn't go early this year. We figured after so many years, we could afford to go a bit late, just for the race. We managed to reach there at around 1pm. It took us 1 hour this time... which was not too bad. As usual, we would first head to the the merchandize shops and our first pit stop was McLaren store. We were shocked to see many people were gathering there this time.

Just when we were wondering why, the crwod started to cheer "KIMI KIMI KIMI....." I gave the "WTF... It couldn't be..." look to my bro. He then gave me the "Dont dream lar... I don't think so lor" look in return. Not long after, the cheered got louder and louder then suddenly a loud wooooooo and aaahhhhhh... Then I gave the "Well, you better believe it lor" look to my bro...

The crowd started to push and I found myself sandwiched by all these kuai lows... all damn tall and all damn big size lor. It was difficult to get a glimpse of Kimi with all these kuai lows around can... Kimi stayed for about 3 minutes. But it was really cool to be able to see your idol in person I must say... So, one down… and my next target will be either 林志玲 or Stephen Hawking...

After gotten yet another Kimi cap ( I already have 4 caps and 5 shirts) me and bro parted as we were having different seats this year.

The much anticipated race started at 3pm sharp... I can feel my adrenaline rushing my entire body just listening to the engine ro... but guess what? I didn't even get the chance to see Kimi in action as his car was hit by Christian Klien's bloody car on the very first lap... all the adrenaline disappeared to nowhere after that... chao Red Bull!

Arrggghhh... another disappointing day!

No comments: